PRIVACY STATEMENT - BELFOR
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following information concerns the collection of personal data while using this website. Personal data are all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Article 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is BELFOR Europe GmbH, Keniastr.24, 47269 Duisburg, Germany, email@example.com (see our legal notice). You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address with the addition “Data protection officer”.
(3) When you contact us by email or using a contact form, the data you give us (your email address, your name and phone number if applicable) is stored by us in order to answer your question. When storage is no longer necessary, we will delete the applicable data or restrict the processing of it if legal retention requirements apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our web-based services, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes, naming the defined criteria for storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to refusal of processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a data protection authority.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you are only using the website for information and do not register or transmit information to us in any other way, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the enquiry
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Quantity of data transferred in each case
- The website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your PC when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and through which particular information is transmitted to the location setting the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet presence more user-friendly and effective in general.
a) This website uses the following kinds of cookies, the scope and mode of operation of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They save a so-called session ID that links different enquiries from your browser to a common session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a set period, which can vary according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not captured by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects which are stored on your terminal device. These objects save the necessary data independently of the browser you use, and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the Flash cookies to be processed, you must install a corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to the private mode. We also recommend that you regularly manually delete your cookies and your browser history.
§ 4 Other functions and offers on our website
(1) As well as the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you may use if they interest you. To do so, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use in order to provide the respective service and to which the above-mentioned principles of data processing apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) We can also pass your personal data on to third parties if we offer special offer participation, lotteries, contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. You can find more information about this if you enter your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services purchased are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use the so-called double-opt-in process. This means that after you register, we send an email to the email address you gave asking for confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your information is locked and automatically deleted after a month. In addition, we save the IP addresses you used and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the process is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to investigate possible misuse of your personal information.
(3) The only obligatory information for transmission of the newsletter is your email address. [Provision of other, separately marked data is voluntary and is used in order to contact you personally.] After your confirmation, we store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to transmission of the newsletter and unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time. You can revoke it by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by email to [email@example.com] or by sending a message to the contact point given in the legal notice.
§ 6 Revocation or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have agreed to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. After you have pronounced it to us, the revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal information on consideration of interests, you can revoke your consent to processing. This is the case, in particular, if processing is not necessary for fulfilment of a contract with you, which is always outlined by us in the subsequent description of the functions. When exercising the right of revocation, we ask you to cite the reasons why we should not process your personal information as we have previously done. In the case of a justified revocation, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or convey to you our protection-worthy and necessary reasons for continuing the processing.
(3) Of course, you can revoke consent to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us of your advertising revocation at the following contact points: BELFOR Europe GmbH, Keniastr.24, 47269 Duisburg, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 7 Web analytics
1. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of this website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will first be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or other contracting member states of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about website activities and to provide further services connected with website use and internet use for the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted from your browser within Google Analytics is not connected with other data from Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly; please note, however, that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. In addition, you can prevent the capture of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) for Google and the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This ensures that IP addresses are further processed in shortened form, which excludes the possibility of personal association. Any personal connection to the data collected about you will therefore be immediately excluded and the personal data will be immediately deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyse use of our website and regularly improve it. We use the statistics obtained to improve our products and make them more interesting to you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google has committed itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows which is carried out by means of a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your use in your customer account under “My data” – “Personal data”.
§ 8 Social media
Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: [Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube]. We use the so-called two-click solution for this. This means that when you visit our site, fundamentally no personal data will be initially transmitted to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognise the provider of the plug-in via the label on the box above its initial letters or the logo. We offer you the possibility of communicating with the provider of the plug-in directly via the button. The plug-in provider only receives the information that you have called up the corresponding page of our online presence if you click on the demarcated field to activate it. The data named under § 3 of this statement are also transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection. When the plug-in is activated, your personal data are therefore transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the USA in the case of US providers). Since the plug-in provider carries out data capture using cookies in particular, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the greyed-out box above the security settings of your browser.
(2) We have no influence on the data captured or the data processing procedures, nor do we know the entire scope of data collection, the purpose of processing or the retention periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of their website. Such an evaluation takes place, in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and in order to inform other users in the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to revoke the creation of these user profiles, although you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our website presence and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) Data transmission takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged on there. If you are logged on to a plug-in provider, your data collected by us are directly associated with the account you have with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and communicates it publicly to your contacts. We recommend that after using a social network, you regularly log out, but in particular before activating the button, since this enables you to avoid association with your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider in their data protection statements, which are given below. You can also find further information there on your rights in this regard and the setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
BELFOR USA Group, Inc.
OUR COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Many of our online activities do not require visitors to our website to register for an account or give us any personal information. However, BELFOR and our business partners are still interested in who visits our site and how they use it.
- Recognizing your browser or device
- Remembering your website preferences and interests
- Collecting information about website usage and email response
- Logging activity on the website
- Marketing products or services to you
We do not contain or capture personal information about you in the cookies we use.
All major internet browsers allow you to block or delete cookies through the privacy features in your browser. Please note that if you block cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser, then you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
Marketing cookies allow us to recognize your computer or device so we may display information about our products and services that may interest you on our website or as you visit other websites. Marketing cookies do not store your name, address, telephone number, email address or any sensitive personal information. We use this anonymous information to manage our online advertising and to measure the effectiveness of our ads placed on other websites. The companies that distribute our ads are prohibited from using or sharing this information other than for marketing our products and services.
Each of the websites we use for our online marketing efforts should post a privacy statement that fully describes the advertising and data collection activities on that website. However, we cannot guarantee that all of these websites disclose this information.
YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION
If you gave us your email address, BELFOR may use it from time to time to notify you of such things as new services, special offers or to confirm transactions. If you do not wish to be contacted by email for non-policy related communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of any BELFOR e-mail you receive.
Your current location is only determined if you choose to use a function on our apps to determine your current location. If you allow your location to be obtained using a Belfor app, then we will use this information to return your estimated location. We use this information solely to distinguish your current location and not to identify you. Belfor does not automatically track your location when you use our apps.
If you are a resident of Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, or Virginia, you have the right to access and correct the personal information that we have collected from or about you. To do so, simply contact BELFOR's customer service department. If you’d like to correct information that you provided to us, our representative will make the appropriate adjustments to BELFOR's records. If you wish to correct personal information provided to BELFOR by a third party (such as a credit rating agency), the representative will provide you with the applicable third party’s contact information. Upon the request of residents of other states, we will take reasonable steps to verify the accuracy of the personal information in our records.
USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
Visitors can choose to use electronic surveys and other tools to tell us what they think about our online based services. We collect and use the comments that visitors provide to improve your experience on our site.
BELFOR has business partners that help develop or service our websites. They may track and keep visitor information. We obtain personal information from you directly and from your transactions with us. We will not sell your information to third parties. However, BELFOR reserves the right to transfer the information it collects to any successors or assigns of BELFOR.
BELFOR does business internationally. As a result, your information may be moved out of the country in which you are located, though we will maintain our standard protections for such information at all times.
Any third parties who perform services for us are required to safeguard any customer information and may only use it in connection with performing those services. We extensively secure and limit access to your information. We protect information about potential, current and former customers equally.
The following are some examples of how we may disclose your information:
- We must exchange information about you with our persons who are or will become involved in providing you with services that you may request.
- When you are involved in a claim, policy information may be provided to adjusters and the businesses working on your case.
- We may share information with persons or organizations that we have determined need the information to perform a business function for us. These include businesses that help us with administrative functions.
- We may also share your information if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order, or if necessary to protect the health or welfare of others.
We restrict access to your information to employees who we have determined need it in order to provide products or services to you. We train our employees to safeguard customer information, and we require them to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We maintain strict physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized access by third parties.
At BELFOR, we use physical safeguards, procedural controls and data access controls to protect your data from unauthorized access. We continually monitor our systems to prevent unauthorized attempts at intrusion.
BELFOR uses strong, 128-bit encryption and SSL, short for Secure Sockets Layer, a protocol for transmitting private information via the Internet. SSL uses a private key to encrypt data that is transferred over the SSL connection. This protocol is a standard used by many websites when you submit confidential information, such as credit card numbers and other personal data. SSL creates a secure connection between your browser and our server. Addresses of web pages using an SSL connection start with https: instead of http: and most browsers also display an icon of a closed padlock. BELFOR applications and our site are when you visit a page using SSL.
Note: Our web pages are designed for, and verified with, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, Google Chrome 28+, Safari 5+ and Firefox 23+. Presentation and layout of our pages is best appreciated using these browsers. Many other browsers will also work with our website.
If you are under age 18, you may use this website only through your parent or guardian and you are unable to purchase products or services from this website, unless such purchase is made through an adult.